Sunday, January 24, 2010

I like sibling rivalries...


Two rivalries made their way into mainstream news this past week:
Jay Leno vs. Conan O'Brien
and
Stefan vs. Damon 


Conan gave his farewell speech this past Friday on his final show, which was very dignified and kind of beautiful(according to my google search he got huge ratings too, TAKE A LOOK NBC).
You can read the main article here.
There is also a link to check out what the celebs had to say about the whole situation, which I found interesting.
Its quite upsetting seeing him go.
I watched both shows to sample out the material and Conan is much funnier, not to mention the fact that he got royally screwed in the whole deal.
But, what Conan said that really made me sympathetic of his situation was:
"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
Oh Conan...why did you have to go!!!
I can be angry at Leno but it isn't going to reap much so in actuality all of my hate goes to NBC for this travesty. 
Just...pathetic.
I would write them a long strongly worded letter....but I know they would just toss it out like they do with everything else worth anything.

NEXT
(and you knew this was coming)



Vampire Diaries!
I wont spend too much time talking about this, but it was an acceptable opener.
I dont really understand why after being in a car accident Elena wasn't taken to the hospital, but I digress.
I really like Damon, because he is a bad boy...why else? (he was also on Lost which makes him the epitome of sexy)
Im glad it didn't end retarded, even though it kind of did.
Stefan and Elena are back together, but now we find out (SPOILER ALERT) he's been stalking her for half a year and saved her from the deadly car accident which claimed her parent's lives.
.....
Anyway.
They are good looking people so what do you expect, I can't resist a vampire with a soft side who is usually paired with a vampire with an edge.
Edward and Rosalie (Twilight)
Bill and Eric (True Blood)
Louis and Lestat (Interview with a Vampire)
Stefan and Damon (Vampire Diaries)

Now, just to amuse me, watch this terribly old commercial from bing that I truly find confusing.
Why does she laugh?






No comments: