Friday, February 5, 2010

This week...was awesome.



Before I start...I'm not going to talk about Lost.

So, read on.

Before you start jumping to conclusions...I did enjoy the episode and I do have a lot I want to say about it.
I just want to let my theories linger in my head until the next episode and then I will compile my thoughts about both episodes (from this week and next week) into one post.
Probably including a reaction to the Heroes season finale.

Vampire Diaries 
(The following contains spoilers)

I really loved Damon in this episode, maybe it was Ian Somehadler- who is 31 btw...go figure.
Everything about him was just as cynical, dark, clever, and evil but we got some flashbacks which really gave insight into his behavior.
No, I'm not a psychology major but behavior is interesting to me.

Damon and Stefan were both courting Katherine, aware of one another, in this flashback.
Both had already known she was a vampire as well.
Their father as well as the other people of the town sought out these 'demons of the night' aka vampires and recruited Damon and Stefan for their dirty work.
Stefan wanted to reason with their father and tell them about Katherine to make a case for her humanity, if you will.
Damon, knowing exactly what would happen if their father ever found out about Katherine, pleaded with Stefan not to tell. He abided, but later broke his promise.
He went on to question his father about the moral perspective behind their rounding up and killing of the vampires, never mentioning Katherine's name. 
His father, catching the gist of the argument, fed Stefan vervain to poison Katherine when she went to suck his....blood. Get your minds out of the gutter people. That scene was pretty sexual though so you are forgiven. =]

Katherine was taken by the people of the town and Damon began on his path for vengeance. 

Meanwhile, 
Anna is revealed to be the daughter of a vampire woman named Pearl who was working with Katherine. She was captured trying to escape with her family. Emily then tells Anna not to worry, because she knows how she can protect them. Hence, why Anna wants to get into the tomb so badly. Screw Katherine, my mom is in there!

Back in the present,
Damon, Elena, and Stefan- the threesome- were coming closer to figuring out how to get into the tomb. Secretly though, Elena and Stefan are working apart from Damon to try and break this case...and Damon smells something fishy.
Damon questions Elena about his ability to trust Stefan-without trying to glamour her...I mean compel this isn't True Blood- and she tells him "Of course you can." but painfully as if she actually cares. 
"You have to give trust to get it" She says. Try taking your own advice.
Damon sees Anna and she tells him he needs to get their father's notebook in order to open the tomb.
Stefan realizes this a little earlier so he and Elena take to his father's grave.
Because he said his greatest secrets would die with him.

Damon arrives just in time to see he has been betrayed and doesn't feel bad in working alone. Claiming the only person he can trust is himself.

"But you, you had me fooled" he said to Elena, and she looked absolutely heartbroken. 

He then feeds her his blood and claims he will kill her so that he and Stefan will share a vampire girlfriend once again, unless he gets the book. With Stefan's attachment to Elena its obvious how this turned out. 

While lounging around the house Stefan goes to get Elena something for her headache and hears the news that Anna stopped by for a visit. 
He goes back upstairs to see Elena missing.

My favorite part of the episode is when Stefan and Elena were lying in bed and Damon came in unannounced.
"If I see something I haven't seen before I'll throw a dollar at it"

Damon Salavatore is my character of the week. 
=]




No comments: