Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day





I know what I promised, and I am here to deliver. 

How much do you love snow days?
Its like skipping a class....but without the usual 'missed work' consequence.
Because the work is missed....collectively. 
Thats amazing.
=]


Lets talk about (sigh)....Heroes.
I watched Heroes since season 1.
SEASON 1!!!!
Which means any bashing I do, or swooning for that matter, is rightfully earned. 
I worked for it.
So...this season...was pretty.....sad.
I mean, I try not to look at Heroes blogs because they make me upset at how judgmental they are.
But honestly, in most ways they are correct.
Heroes never really recovered after the writers strike.
I became so engrossed in the lives of the characters I was willing to look past the implausible nature of many of the themes to say: "Sylar is hot" or "Peter, Nathan, and their mother really need to mend their relationship"
I still think Sylar is hot (Zachary Quinto makes me smile) but the rest of the show just isn't working for me.
And as for the rest of the world, the ratings give their answer.
A new season is not promised, and that may not be a terrible thing.

On to the actual last episode: 
There was a massive build up all season for a tremendous let down.
As my friend says, it pretty much went like this 
"Claire: Samuel is bad.
Crowd: No he is not. You don't understand us.
Claire: Yea, he killed his brother!
Crowd: Wow...that sucks.
Claire: You have to get far away.
Crowd: Ok...thanks. See ya."

Thats how they defeated Samuel.
A fickle crowd, swayed by the charm of the sexually ambiguous Claire left Samuel making him powerless.
Then Claire goes to the top of the Ferris Wheel defying her father in his dying wish(he didn't actually die. Thank God because he was the only one that didn't get on my nerves so much this season), in front of the story hungry media dogs, and jumps off. 
Claire: Thats attempt number....I guess I lost count. 
My brother's text: She should have died.

Atleast Sylar and Peter are still good looking. 
And Hiro and Ando are still....well...Hiro and Ando.

I can't bear to say much more about them.
So I wont.
Lets just say I really miss the old Heroes.


LOST.
Soooo...
I wont synthesize the episodes (LAX 1 and 2 or What Kate Does) because we all know Lost is just to complicated for this.
I will just bring up key points and my theories.

Its so difficult to have to go back in my mind and remember everything about an episode of Lost because there are so many questions posed, and now answers given, that everything kind of blends. 
First lets talk about what Juliet said: It worked.
Which can mean several things. I will offer two theories.
1)There is an alternative universe than the one on the island as a result of the detonation of the bomb.
Or
2)The detonation of the bomb reversed the plane crash and what they are experiencing on the island isn't really happening.
I know the second theory seems kind of dry, its a work in progress but what made me think of it was something Jack said in LAX 2.
He asked Locke what happened to him and told him he was a spinal surgeon.
Locke said surgery wouldn't help him, and told him his condition was irreversible.

"Nothing's irreversible" Jack said. 
Then there was a 2 second pause where I knw that that line would be specific to the entire episode, if not the entire season. And it got me to thinking: What if it really is ALL reversible. 

So obviously I posted that huge Lost: Last Supper picture for a reason.
Usually, I think mock- Last Supper pictures are a little sacrilegious but I think Lost plays a lot on themes of the Christian religion, for example sacrifice.
With that in mind, lets talk about Sayid.
I wont go into details but Sayid was dead and woke up at the end of LAX 2 saying: What happened?
And the roars of a thousand Lost fans could be heard around the world: You can say that again.

In What Kate Does, Sayid is tortured, diagnosed, by the same people who seemingly saved his life. The leader, who's name escapes me I'm sorry, told Jack he had to give Sayid a pill to stop the infection growing within him.
He told Jack it would be a chance to redeem himself.
Jack, not trusting the man or himself, swallows the pill.
The man gives him the Heimlich maneuver and confesses that the pill was actually poison.
He said there was a darkness growing in Sayid and when the infection was complete nothing of his person would be left. Just like Claire.

Hmmmm.....
I read an interesting blog after the season opener which says that Sayid is standing in the same place Judas stood in the Last Supper pictures.
Locke is sitting where Jesus sat.
They believed Jacob, who is currently dead but seen by Hurley, is taking over Sayid's body.
Since we know Locke is actually the man in black, then we know can assume if Sayid becomes Jacob then we have a good guy and a bad guy.
But who is good and who is bad.
Because the smoke monster was supposed to be protecting the island, and since the man in black is actually the smoke monster what does that mean?
Since we saw flashbacks of Jacob being featured in an important moment in each of the Oceanic 6 lives, excluding Aaron, we can assume he brought them there.
What does that mean?
We can infer that since the man in black(Locke) is positioned where Jesus is sitting and Jacob(for now, Sayid) is standing where Judas stood that this story may play out the way it had in The Bible.
A lot of questions to be answered...

One of the more simpler ones that I was interested in finding out is what is Richard's position on the island.
Who is he and who was he.
Locke: "Good to see you out of those chains" he said to Richard.
Was he a slave?
What is the fate of Sayid?
What is the actual state of the island and the Flight 815 passengers?
Lost creators are claiming to answer a lot of questions this season, or atleast not posing new ones, but I am still very confused.
I love this show.

Catch you next week
and enjoy your snow day.

  

No comments: