Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The 2011 Oscars

Hey Everyone.
Well lets make this short, sweet, and to the point.
First things first, the Oscars, in my opinion, were kind of snooze inducing.
James Franco was kind of a letdown, he didn't really look as if he wanted to be there at all. And I LOVE James Franco. Anne Hathaway, on the other hand, was exactly as I expected her to be. Over the top and slightly unfunny, though she looked amazing.
The highlights had to be the intro montage with Hathaway, Franco, Morgan Freeman, and Alec Baldwin, Billy Crystal, and everything Kirk Douglas said. Yes, Kirk Douglas upstaged James Franco and at some points I could barely understand what he was saying. Somehow, that didn't stop it from being really funny.

As for the winners, I think everything was well deserved. I've seen the Social Network, True Grit, Black Swan, Inception, The Kings Speech, and Toy Story 3. Though I haven't seen the others, I felt The Kings Speech really deserved its reward for best picture, and it isn't just because I believe Colin Firth is dreamy and Helena Bonham Carter is amazing. The film was really inspiring, funny, and touching. The Social Network was, as well and Black Swan was haunting enough to make me go see it twice not being able to fully release my grip on her statement "I was perfect."
All in all, I think there was some stiff competition, and I am looking forward to the rest of 2011 to see exactly who will end up with a little golden statue next year. Also, better, funnier, less stage-frightened hosts.

=]

No comments: